Thursday, July 12, 2012

First post

     My name is Chris Bankus, my hobbies is anything outdoors, anything from basketball to backpacking. I was an intern at my high school working for the technologists for two years, I was also a lifeguard and swimming instructor. At least half of my life goes to the Scouting program, which I teach swimming, computers, architecture, first aid, and many other activities/skills. My summers consist of teaching at summer camps, online schooling, and being the 5th grade leader at my church (1st Baptist Church Euless). When I'm not doing any of those I enjoy barbecues with my friends at the lake.
     My vision of Education Technology is that it should constantly change, it should be cost effect yet teaching students with the newest most efficient technology. I would like to digitalize everything and incorporate more of a “self-paced” program. Technology in the classroom should be decided by the school, not all grade levels should have the same technology. Technology should also be based on what is used in real life, not the school district spending tons of money on new Macs to show off.
     This class is about "Integrating technology into the curriculum" my goal is to become a technologist for a school district. I hope to expand my knowledge in the subject and use this class as a building block for the rest of my life. The first year I was working with the technologists we spent a huge amount of time and money setting up the STARS test on all the computers. Technology is great but sometimes people rush into future technology too soon. During the test at-least 100 students in my school alone were logged off the test in the middle and couldn't get online again. through countless phone calls to Pearson (STARS) we were able to get a few students back on to take their test. My goal in this class is to learn how to integrate using technology right by being prepared, not rushing into it.

Chris Bankus
     

No comments:

Post a Comment